CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
About this course
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to work within legislative and policy frameworks and uphold the duty of care to support and protect children and young people who are at risk of harm.
The learning materials and assessment for this unit applies are contextualised to the early years learning and care sector and is suitable for those working in the sector or with children aged under 5 years. It may be suitable to those working in the Out of school hours care sector.
This training relates to the ACECQA National Quality Standards (Quality Area 2) promoting children’s health and safety. The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice.
Bravehearts provides this unit in collaboration with the PCYC Institute (RTO: 91340) who are the issuer of the Statement of Attainment you will receive upon successful completion of this Unit of Competency.
You will have 12 weeks to complete this Unit of Competency from the date of enrolment.
- Must be working in a regulated workplace (with ABN) or be willing to obtain a volunteer position to meet the requirements of the assessment.
- Have suitable language, literacy and numeracy skills to read and comprehend learning materials and perform tasks. Before starting your course, you will need to complete the Language, Literacy and Numeracy document. This assists us with knowing if you will be needing any special assistance before or during your studies.
- Access to (and ability to use) a computer or device and reliable internet
- Must have or be willing to obtain a USI (Unique Student Identification number)
- You may need to provide a drivers Licence or Medicare number to PCYC Institute as proof of Identity
- Purchase your course and receive your login details. Please check spam/junk folders for your welcome email if not visible in your inbox.
- Login, download and complete the PCYC Institute (RTO: 91340) Course Enrolment form. This form is required to be submitted to ensure that once completed, your course and the completion of it is recognised as a qualification. Complete and return to the email provided in the instructions
- Once PCYC have processed your form, you will be notified, and your course will be ready to start.
- For any queries once you have commenced the course, contact PCYC via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 8805 4719.
You will learn
Topic 1: What is child abuse and neglect?
Topic 2: What are the impacts of child abuse and neglect?
Topic 3: How would I know if a child was being harmed or was at risk of harm?
Topic 4: How do I recognise and respond to grooming behaviour?
Topic 5: Understanding and responding to disclosures
Topic 6: What information do I need to know in order to protect children?
Topic 7: How do I report?
Topic 8: Ethical standards
- Online theory component – complete online.
- Assignment (written responses)
- Part A – Written Response
- Part B – Workplace Scenarios
- Pact C – Case Studies
- Practical Demonstration (in person or via authorised digital mediums)
- Part A – Report Writing
- Part B – Role Play x 2
- Written Questions
- Workplace Demonstration (Third Party Report)
You will receive
A Statement of Attainment in CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
For information on registration and assessment please contact the PCYC Institute (RTO: 91340) on email@example.com or phone 02 8805 4719.
For further information on this Unit please refer to www.training.gov.au
*Third party agreement between Bravehearts and PCYC Institute (RTO: 91340), as governed by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).