Child Protection for Early Years Educators 2021
This course outlines your roles and responsibilities to identify and respond to every child at risk of abuse or neglect and can assist your centre meet the requirements of the ACECQA National Quality Standards related to child protection.
It is recommended this course is completed annually to ensure your knowledge and skills reflect current best practice.
You will learn the following essential information over 4 x 20-minute modules:
Module 1: What is child abuse
• Describe what child abuse is
• Identify different types of child abuse
• Recognise the impact of harm and long-term effects
Module 2: What to look for
• Explain why a child may be more at risk of harm than others
• Describe signs that indicate a child has been harmed or may be at risk of harm
• Describe the signs that indicate an adult may be perpetrating harm
• Explain harmful behaviours between children
Module 3: What to do
• Respond to and manage harm between children
• Appropriately respond to any child protection concerns in a way that is best for the child
• Appropriately support those affected by abuse
Module 4: How to prevent
• Describe protective factors
• Identify professional boundaries
• Identify ways to promote child safety
• Explain key personal safety messages for children
Upon finishing this training, you will receive a Bravehearts Certificate of Completion.
NESA Registered Professional Development
NESA is changing in 2021.
What does that mean for you?
For NESA accredited educators who complete this course before Friday 5 February 2021 will receive 3 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 6.2.2, 7.1.2 and 7.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW (Please ensure you provide your NESA number in the account details section upon checkout to have your PD logged)